Quitosana is manufactured by treating the shells of shrimps with an alkaline based compound, such as sodium hydroxide. The protein, chitin that is contained in the shells of shrimps and other crustacean creatures reacts with the alkaline compound to produce quitosana.
Quitosana is widely used in several industries for commercial as well as biomedical purposes. It is also used by people who wish to lose weight by limiting fat absorption in their system.
Quitosana is known to be used as a soluble fibrous diet option, that many people include in their diet to shed extra kilos. In the market, this substance is found in the form of tablets, which are popularly known as ‘fat binders’. Many people believe that Quitosana helps in the reduction of fat and that too in an all natural way that requires less time.
What are the effects of Quitosana?
Along with its various weight loss properties, which make it a very popular ingredient, there are certain other effects of this nutritional fibre.
Many people claim that they have experienced benefits of quitosana after consuming it on a regular basis.
- According to them, quitosana helps in quick healing of wounds
- It also helps in removing allergenic proteins from foods. This is especially helpful for people who are prone to developing allergic conditions.
- It helps in lowering the levels of the bad cholesterol (LDL) in blood
- It helps in reducing the levels of bile acids in the body which in turn helps to battle the causes that lead to cancer in prostate and colon
- Moreover, since it is highly fibrous in nature, quitosana also helps to reduce appetite. This property is used to advantage by all those people who wish to lose weight. Consuming quitosana leads to the feeling of fullness after eating, which prevents consumption of excess food. In this way, one can control the uncontrollable urge to eat and restrict their diet for weight loss
- Quitosana also helps in boosting metabolism to some extent
Quitosana must be consumed before meals. This is because it needs the digestive enzymes in order to function fully. Since the digestive fluids are secreted after a meal, these can come into contact with the consumed quitosana. But in order to shed weight, one must also exercise regularly. Just by leading a sedentary lifestyle and consuming quitosana will definitely not fetch the desired results. To know more about quitosana, visit here.