Tea tree oil or melaleuca is well-known for having cleansing properties and its ability to treat wounds. This oil comes from the Australian native plant Melaleuca alternifolia that has been used for almost 100 year throughout Australia. Tea tree oil is used in so many homemade cleaning products like diffusing it to purify and freshen the air; helping skin issues and if taking internally it can help immune function.
Tea tree oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications, which are now used in cleansing and skin rejuvenation, etc. It is no wonder why there are numerous uses and benefits of tea tree oil like:
- One of the most common uses of Tea Tree oil is for haircare. There are many people who use tea tree oil for their hair because of the topical cleansing, rejuvenating, and purifying properties.
- Another use that is becoming more and more popular, particularly make-up artists as a makeup brush cleanser. The tree oil has incredible benefits for your skin and comes with cleansing properties. Tea tree oil will restore your makeup and dead skin covered into a clean and rejuvenated brush.
- Using tea tree in a diffuser can freshen up the air in your home. Using three to four drops in your diffuser will be the perfect blend of fresh and purity for any room in your home. Adding 2 drops of lemon, 1 drop of tea tree oil and a drop of peppermint to your diffuser for a rejuvenation of the air around your home which will cleanse the air and awaken your senses.
- It is also used for skin purification and it has toning properties. If you have a skin irritation tea tree oil can be used to soothe an irritation. The daily continuous usage of tea tree oil will keep your skin clean, toned and looking healthy.
- Tea tree oil is also used for cleaning purposes, using tea tree oil in your home has the capability of protecting your home against environmental and seasonal threats.
- You might not have thought about it but tea tree oil can also be added to your beverages including water. Adding the oil to your water can add a refreshing taste and also plays an intricate role in supporting your healthy immune system functionality. When mixed with peppermint and lemon essential oil it can be a very refreshing mouth rinse and a breath freshener.
- Another usage of Tea tree oil is keeping your fingernails and toenails looking healthy. Applying tea tree oil to your fingers and toenails after you get out of the shower, to keep them looking strong and healthy. If you are using tea tee oil topically, you can dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to prevent against any skin sensitivity then it should be applied to your skin.
Tea tree oil is becoming more and more readily available so you can grab yourself some soon and gain all the benefits that come with using it